corsets can be made up plain or fancy. The open drawers have a pointed
waistband in front and a drawstring closure with 6 tucks and lace trim
at the hems.
The chemise has three sleeve options, a yoke with a front opening and 6 tucks at the hem with lace trim.
View A - Dore Corset is a straight seam corset with five pieces on each side and comes in B, C, and D cup size.
B - Silverado Corset has bust gores with six main pattern pieces and comes with A
through 4D cup options. Open drawers and a sleeveless chemise are
included. All sizes from 6 to 40 are included in the package.
Also available is our Corset Making DVD available in our combo package or as a separate item
The 2-hour instructional video covers the following:
- History of the Victorian corset and timeline of technical innovations
- How corsets were worn and correct fit explanation
- Discussion of modern usage of corsetry techniques
- Appropriate fabrics and how to prepare them; colors and trims
- Complete explanation and demonstration of supplies and tools:
- Aglets, awls
- Boning, boning tape
- Busks, lacing, lace beading
Grommets or eyelets with setting tools
- Waist reinforcement, binding
- How to choose a size, make and use a fitting muslin, and achieve a good fit
- Demonstration of fitting muslins on live models
- Appropriate pattern alterations and how to make them